Tuesday, February 28, 2012

"I don't remember when...

I've ever been this stressed."

This has been my mantra as of late and I'm going to take about 2.5 to jot this down so that next year when I say the same thing, I can look back and see it's always been this way.

I won't explain how busy I am. My mind goes a mile a minute every second of the day. We're all busy, I know. But here are a couple of things that I know:

1. There's a lot going on at work. A LOT. A LOT A LOT.
2. It's not the teaching part I'm not handling, it's all the other stuff. Paper work, money, receipts, purchase orders, training sessions during planning, more training sessions during planning, meetings, more meetings, field trip forms, securing buses, new standards implimentation for next year, props, costumes, set, oh my! And did I mention that people are just different these days? We are an entitled society I tell you.

I can tell you one thing. I have never been sick so many times in one year. Is it stress related!?

In October, the Friday before our first concert I had to go home sick with nausea. The day of our concert, the next Monday, I conducted with a 104.1 fever, and my throat was pretty much completely closed up.

In November on the day of our Solo & Ensemble Recital, I went through the whole day with nausea and tummy issues, threw up at the end of the day, had to wipe myself off and keep trucking.

This past week was really stressful; no performances but tons of places to be, and sometimes needing to be in two places at once. I was again having super tummy issues and nausea and vomiting, and had to miss the end of Thursday and all of Friday.

My husband has the gift of being able to let go of the things and issues that need letting go. I apparently like to hold them in the pit of my stomach until they become toxic.

And see, when I write it out, it seems like a materialistic thing (paper work, etc.). But if you can read a little deeper into my previous statement, "...people are just different these days. We are an entitled society..." This is really my issue; I'm kinda losing faith in my own ability to teach people the difference between right and wrong, and how to make the right decision the FIRST time around, not just say "sorry," and move on later. Or not to just automatically think that one is entitled to the opportunities we are given.

Things that get me through: family time spent with my husband and daughter. And zoning out on my face tv shows.

Anyway, like I said 2.5, just to get it out.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I love to hear from you!