Mobile Blogger (of course!) - for blogging on the go!
Vlingo - this is as close to us iPhone4 users can get to Siri, we can dream can't we? The only thing Vlingo doesn't do is read you text on your phone.
Ringtone Converter - I was looking for an app with free ringtones (that were actually good!), and stumbled upon this beauty. You can turn any song from your iTunes Library on your phone into a 30 second ringtone. The only drawback is that you have to hook up to your computer to complete the transfer to your Rintones files. But it's awesome!
Couch to 5k - completely takes the guesswork out of your workout (see what happened there?). A "coach" tells you when to walk/jog/run, tells you "You can do it!" and also will import your playlist so you can listen to your fav tunes while you're gettin' you butt kicked.
Words with Friends - need I say more?
Flixter - the box office app. Save your favorite theaters, see previews and reviews, get movie times in a flash. Of course, this app got a lot more use in Pre-Baby Times.
Baby Log - this is my fav Mommy app. I didn't discover this until Addison was 4 weeks old, and boy did I not know what I was missing! I was using pen and paper to track all of her daily functions, esp. feedings...lame. This app is awesome because it keeps up with it all!!!
Lose It - used to be completely and totally addicted to this app. Might need to get back on that train. But it's a calorie counter with a huge database of foods, as well as a mothership website online. You can even add friends, if you want them to know how much weight you're losing....or gaining....
The next four are in my "Entertainment" folder. Before Addison was born we were looking to "trim the fat" so to speak in our monthly bills. So we really cut down on Cable by getting rid of digital services...services which we had been spoiled with since college, and which were really helpful with our crazy schedule. But I have found these apps and their bigger counterparts to help ease the pain of the loss:
Hulu + - literally watch episodes from your queue right on your iPhone! We subscribe to Hulu+ for our fav TV shows, and when we're at home, we watch it on the big tv via the Playstation. Hulu+ has everything we watch except for The Mentalist, which CBS does not air via the interwebs....those stingies.
Netflix - We also watch Netflix via the Playlist. This app lets you edit your queue, stream instant movies on your phone, finish on the computer or big screen...or don't! The only thing I'll say about Netflix is that they don't instantly stream the biggest movies....so I've been watching a lot of indie films!!
IMDB - Internet Movie Database. If you haven't used it, start!
TV Guide - this comes in really handy without our digital cable, because I used to just hit the Info button and know what the heck was on TV. Instead of surfing through the commercials, I get basically the same thing by pulling up my TV Guide app!
So....yes I know these are very standard apps...but I use a lot of them (or did when appropriate) every single day!
So what apps can't you live without?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave a comment! I love to hear from you!