Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Update: Resolution Front

So in my resolutions I mentioned getting more domestic and eating more at home, as well as getting healthier. So here's where we stand on January 17:

1. Domesticity:
We actually have done pretty well on this front. We have eaten out some: a trip Bob's Big Gas Subs in Winston to see Unk...so...that was for family. And then one two nights we had a hankering for Little Caesar's,  which has been in town for A WHILE but we hadn't tried yet. So we got pizza for dinner, and then ate the leftovers for lunch...so that cancels it out right? But other than that, we've either cooked or eaten leftovers (another thing I never did so well). We've also done the dishes way more frequently than we used to. So proud!

2. Getting Healthy:
So, for the third time this year I have started Couch to 5k (there's an App for that!). I have completed three days of workouts so far, and hope I will actually make it this time.

The first time I began, I was still nursing. So, sorry if this is TMI (but then hey it's my blog!), but imagine trying to run with boobs an extra size larger than you're used to.

The second time, I was already lighter in weight and could really feel a difference, but the weather nor our schedules would cooperate, and it was doomed.

This time, I've managed to run once a week for three weeks, and fate or schedule or weather has doomed me for the other planned workouts. Read Coley's Blog here. These are exactly the issues that I am having. I am not doing Special K though, and I like my scale.

I will say that I have had some small "triumphs." Normally I have to rely on Eric to motivate me to get out there and to kind of run with in the same vicinity as me to keep me going. But the other day I got out there all on my own!

And by "out there" I mean out and about around the school after school let out. There is NO WAY I can get up any earlier than I do to work out, and I don't know how other peeps do it, but once we've picked up the Wee Gee from daycare, it's really hard to do anything for ourselves. So we run after school, before we go pick her up. We teach at a high school...so...there are teenagers around. So I hope you can appreciate how much of a challenge it was for me to go out running/jogging/power-walking on my own =)

Anyway, how are you coming on your New Year's Resolutions? Dare I ask? =)

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one!! Best wishes for a happy and healthy new year! Knowing you're not alone is a good feeling :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. EEEEKKK! Love the new blog design! Love you more! Must get booty off couch...you inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Testing the reply function. Do you get this as an email?

      Delete

Leave a comment! I love to hear from you!